Today’s in-game update has several changes which affect game play:
- The Duff Racer is back for a limited time, now costs $250,000, provides 25,000 XP when placed, can be placed now on boardwalk, boardwalk edge, grass, pavement and the beach. You’re only allowed one.
- This doesn’t affect game play currently, but the Burning Bush was added to the “Shrubs” group. I keep hoping that they will break up the decorations into sub-menus, with all the trees grouped together, etc. That would make it easier to select decorations rather than having to scroll through the whole list.
- Miss Springfield‘s 3 minute task Enjoy An Evening With The Mayor now earns $12 and 4 XP rather than the normal premium-character rate of $9 and 3 XP.
- The Knightboat and Greenpeace boat had a modifier added to their description (flatBuilding=”true”). What this means is that when you place them next to something like a Squidport tile, they will now appear correctly. (Thanks to several eagle-eyed readers who replied with what this means.)
- Also, both now require the quest Squidport Part 2 to be completed before being able to place them in the game.
- In the level 38 tasks Protest, Storm Police Station, and Attend Court Hearing, The Grumple, Mr Costington and The Yes Guy can now take part.
- The Duff Party Bus can now be placed on the beach in addition to grass, pavement, boardwalk and boardwalk edge. It can no longer be sold (not sure why you’d want to, since it costs 50 donuts).
Let us know in the comments if you spot something else!