In addition to the new items added with the Stonecutters Event update, there were a few other changes to the game (note: I’m only looking at already existing items, items specific to the Event will be covered elsewhere):
- The timer to auto collect rewards was shortened from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
- As others have pointed out already, the items in the lists of buildings and decorations have moved around some, and scrolling left to right is much faster.
- The Conform-o-meter dialog box now includes how much of a bonus multiplier you earn from conformity and decorations. Similarly, the Krust-o-meter dialog box has how much of a bonus multiplier you earn in Krustyland from conformity and decorations.
- A new character locator (or census) has been added to the Springfield Town Hall.
- A new button has been added to the move screen, which will allow you to “blast” your town and store every item (which can be stored) into inventory.
- You can now hide water and roads while in the move screen.
- Availability of some of the premium items has changed based on whether you’re in the event or not. The changes are pretty extensive but appear to affect at which level the items are available for purchase. It doesn’t seem to affect gameplay that much, but I can go into more detail if necessary.
- Sideshow Bob has a flag added which makes him invisible to the new Census feature. It looks like all the NPCs have the flag too.
- In the level 36 quest Run With The Bullies Part 16, Luigi was removed from the list of characters who can Eat At Luigi’s.
- In the Squidport quest The Frying Dutchman Part 1, the Sea Captain is now excluded from the list of characters who can Eat At The Frying Dutchman. Makes sense, since he has a job in that quest to Work At The Frying Dutchman at the same time everyone else is eating there.
- The Krustyland Entrance was changed from storeoverride=”true” to storeoverride=”false”. Similarly, the Krustyland Shuttle in Springfield isn’t storeable.
- A 7-day default job reward was added. A regular character will earn $3000 and 750 XP and a premium character will earn $4500 and 1125 XP. Also a 7-day default building reward was added, which earns $1500 and 150 XP regularly and $2500 and 225 XP for a premium building.
The use of character groups has been expanded in the code. New groups include:
- Civil Servants: Rex Banner, Chief Wiggum, Mayor Quimby, Lou, Eddie, Judge Snyder, Selma, Patty
- Celebrity: Abraham Lincoln, Krusty, Duffman, Brockman, Bumblebee Man, Dr. Nick, Sideshow Mel, Drederick Tatum, Miss Springfield, Arnie Pye, Booberella, Wolfcastle
- Senior: Abraham Lincoln, Agnes, Superintendent Chalmers, Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Grampa, Hans Moleman, Kent Brockman, Tom O’Flanagan, Jasper, Judge Snyder, Suzanne The Witch
- Women: Agnes, Marge, Mrs. Krabappel, Miss Springfield, Shary Bobbins, Crazy Cat Lady, Mindy, Brandine, Luann, Kumiko, Miss Hoover, Bernice Hibbert, Selma, Patty, Manjula, Booberella, Maude Flanders, Suzanne The Witch, Kodos
- Pessimist: Agnes, Moe, CBGuy, Reverend Lovejoy, Grampa, Willie, Mrs. Krabappel, Arnie Pye, Dolph, Hugs Bunny, Jasper, Selma, Patty
- Youngster: Sherri&Terri, Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, Squeaky Voice Teen, Martin, Kearney, Nelson, Ralph, Shauna, Dolph, Jimbo, Rod, Todd
- Entrepreneur: Apu, Moe, Mr. Burns, CBGuy, Luigi, Fat Tony, Lugash, The Rich Texan, Herman, Tribal Chief
- Kook: Apu, Professor Frink, Cletus, Krusty, Willie, Hans Moleman, Otto, Kang, Bumblebee Man, Ralph, Hugs Bunny, Shary Bobbins, Crazy Cat Lady, Brandine, Herman, Disco Stu, Rod, Todd, Kodos, Sea Captain, The Yes Guy
- Glutton: Homer, CBGuy, Chief Wiggum, Mayor Quimby, Barney
- Dimwit: Homer, Cletus, Grampa, Chief Wiggum, Duffman, Otto, Dr. Nick, Barney, Ralph, Lenny, Sea Captain, Wolfcastle
- Brainiac: Lisa, Principal Skinner, Professor Frink, CBGuy, Hank Scorpio, Martin, Dr. Hibbert, Sideshow Mel, Crazy Cat Lady
- High Roller: Mr. Burns, Mayor Quimby, Hank Scorpio, Brockman, Fat Tony, The Rich Texan, Bernice Hibbert, Wolfcastle, Mr. Costington
- Saint: Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Father Sean, Rod, Todd, Maude Flanders
- Criminal: Snake, Mayor Quimby, Fat Tony, Legs, Louie, Herman
In addition to the new character groups, Judge Snyder, Cocoa Beanie, Miss Hoover, Bernice Hibbert, and Sanjay were added to the Regular Characters group. The Blue Haired Lawyer, Manjula and Dewey Largo were added to the Premium Characters group.
So why are these character groups important? They’re used in the Stonecutter quests to enable groups of similar characters to do a similar job. As long as they keep the character groups up to date, it’s easier to specify in the code the character group than list individual characters. For example, they could specify the Glutton group to eat at Krusty Burger rather than having to list each character.
If you spot anything else, let us know!