Hello fellow Tappers!
Last sunday, we had a new episode of The Simpsons! Fox brought us The Musk Who Fell to Earth. Not just on tv, but also in the game with an episode tie-in. If you are new to these type of posts, this one will give you all of the information ahead of the episode. I will include information along with pictures and videos, right after the jump!
The Musk Who Fell to Earth
Episode Description: When inventor Elon Musk lands in Springfield, he and Homer become fast friends and revolutionize the town’s nuclear plant. But when Musk goes overboard and Mr. Burns wants him removed, Homer must figure out a way to break up with him.
Episode Details: ‘The Musk Who Fell to Earth’ is the 12th episode of Season 26 as well as the 564th episode of The Simpsons. The episode aired on FOX on January 25, 2015 and was written by Neil Campbell and directed by Matthew Nastuk.
- The episode name is a reference to the 1963 novel The Man Who Fell to Earth, which was adapted into a 1976 film and a 1987 television program. David Bowie also sung The Man Who Fell to Earth and directed the 1976 film.
- Elon Musk gives Bart a fully functioning lightsaber from Star Wars.
- Carl sings Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen’s 1941 song “Blues in the Night”.
- Kent Brockman says: “Attention fans of the The Little Rascals! The last of them died today in Palm Springs.”
- Elon Musk is seen playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out in his spaceship. He is level 8, has 410$ and 1227 Donuts, and has Marge unlocked, something impossible for a Level 8, due to Marge and Moe being unlockable at Level 15.
- “Starman” by David Bowie plays at the end of the episode.
- Elon Musk in his spaceship leaving Earth and going past the moon is a reference to the David Bowie song “Space Oddity”.
- It is revealed that Bart came up with Maggie’s name.
Elon Reeve Musk (born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born Canadian-American business magnate, inventor, and investor.
Previous Episode: Bart’s New Friend
Next Episode: Walking Big & Tall
That is all from this week’s Episode Fact File and I would like to thank WikiSimpsons for the information for this post and Nathan for the base design of it. The next post will be covering the episode ‘Walking Big & Tall’ until then, Happy Tapping everyone!