Hello fellow Tappers!
We just had a shiny NEW episode of The Simpsons! This Sunday Fox brought us The Kids Are All Fight. Today I’ll analyze this Sunday’s episode with pictures, videos and facts, right after the jump!
The Kids Are All Fight
Episode Description: When Homer gets an old film roll developed, the family takes a trip down memory lane to see the origins of how Bart and Lisa first started fighting with each other.
Episode Details: ‘The Kids Are All Fight’ is the 19th episode of Season 26 as well as the 571st episode of The Simpsons. The episode aired on FOX on April 26, 2015 and was written by Rob LaZebnik.
TIE-IN!: A tie-in for The Simpsons: Tapped Out has been released, with Bart’s Big Wheel, Lisa’s Kiddie Car and Nightmare Pile.
COUCH GAG!: The Game of Life.
TITLE SCREEN!: Professor Frink flies in a Iron Man costume that malfunctions and he drops.
BILLBOARD TEXT!: I will not pay my sister to do my punishment
GOOF!: In the flashback in Moe’s Tavern, there’s a picture of Homer, Lenny, Carl and Barney. In the picture, Homer is bald, despite him having hair in the flashback and not being bald until years later.
PRODUCTION!: The couch gag was originally supposed to be a shorter gag, with the family made out of ice and Maggie breaking them. This gag was actually released as a promo image for the episode prior to airing. However, the episode came up too short so they reused The Game of Life couch gag from season 25’s “Pay Pal”.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the Academy Award-nominated 2010 comedy-drama film The Kids Are All Right, directed by Lisa Cholodenko. This was also referenced with the title of the season 25 episode “The Kid is All Right”.
- “The Sunshine Boys” is a reference to the play by the same name by Neil Simon.
- At the beginning of the episode, while Bart and Lisa’s fights photos are shown, the song that plays is The Kids Are Alright by The Who.
- The third photo in Moe’s developer tray is Homer in a nude pregnant pose just like the one of Demi Moore in the magazine Vanity Fair.
- A matchbook refers to the marriage between Selma and Bob Terwilliger. (“Black Widower”)
- A hat refers to the marriage between Selma and Disco Stu. (“There’s Something About Marrying”)
- The Clown Bed Homer build for Bart is shown. (“Lisa’s First Word”)
- Grandma Flanders is seen, and then dies (“Lisa’s First Word”) despite the fact that in (“Lisa’s Date with Density”) , which takes place in the present, Ned repeatedly picks up the phone thinking that she’s calling.
- Bart hits Lisa with the Phonic Frog. (“Smart and Smarter”)
- Lisa mentions the time when Apu let Homer eat expired hot dogs (“Homer and Apu”)
- In the flashback in Moe’s Tavern, there’s a picture of Homer, Lenny, Carl and Barney. In the picture, Homer is bald, despite having hair in the flashback and not being bald until years later.
Previous Episode: Peeping Mom
Next Episode: Let’s Go Fly a Coot
That is all from this week’s Episode Fact File and I would like to thank WikiSimpsons for the information for this post and Nathan for the base design of it. The next post will be covering the next episode until then, Happy Tapping everyone!