The Simpsons’ Season 29 continues, as this Sunday, November 19th, 2017, Fox aired “Singin’ in the Lane”, the 7th episode of Season 29 and the 625th episode to date. This Episode Fact File will recap the episodes with pictures, video clips and more. Get the scoop right after the jump!
Singin’ in the Lane
Homer and the guys reunite their old bowling team to cheer up Moe, only to end up in fierce competition with a team of arrogant millionaires. Meanwhile, Lisa and Marge try to teach Bart that money isn’t everything.
Episode Details: ‘Singin’ in the Lane’ is the 7th episode of Season 29 as well as the 625th episode of The Simpsons. The episode aired on FOX on November 19th, 2017. It was written by Ryan Koh and directed by Michael Polcino with Al Jean as show runner.
TITLE SCREEN!: A wall of bubbles replace the clouds, with the title text says “The Shrimpsons”, with Blinky swimming by, and the chorus saying “The Shrimpsons”, with the notes played by a xylophone
BLACKBOARD TEXT!: We do not live in our own pee
The whole opening sequence is remade underwater with all characters, and some extra faces like Sideshow Bob, as various species of underwater creatures. When the Shrimpson family arrives at the couch gag, they get hooked by Ned, and deposited into a capture cage. Homer says “our own home”, before shrimps are revealed to be in it as well.
The family is enjoying their dinner, when Mr. Burns calls Homer to invite him at the basketball joust, after trying with a really long list of people, and he accepts, wanting to bring his friends. At Moe’s Tavern, Homer invites Carl, Lenny and Barney but excludes Moe, having only 4 tickets.
Back at the Tavern after the game, they reform the Pin Pals, with Moe as their captain. They go bowling and do a tournament, and win, to go to the state finals in Capital City, in a fancy bowling building.
Their foes, the Fund Bunch, though having lost the first round, bullies people, including Moe. To stop them from bullying, they make a wager: if Fund Bunch win, they win the bar and Moe has to change his name, if Pin Pals win, Moe will get something only a rich guy can have, though they find out how really good the rich guys are at bowling.
The final round is near, but Moe slips talking about Barney being bad when he’s drunk, and the Fund Bunch uses that trick to make him drunk to lose the game. Lisa and the other nerds succeed on making them feel bad, and Bart and Lisa reconcile.
Barney is drunk, and Homer needs to make three strikes, while Moe imagines his life starting over if he loses, in France. Moe tries to stop Homer from striking, but fails, and he has to return to his old life, rejected by his friends for being a bad coach, but back at the tavern they surprise him, saying they’re still a team. Since they won, the Fund Bunch, gave them a zero-gravity plane experience as prize.
- The episode title is a reference to the film Singin’ in the Rain.
- Among the people Mr. Burns wanted to invite to the baseball joust are:
- Homer mentions Billy Crystal‘s doctor.
- Moe’s Tavern‘s jukebox starts playing Chumbawamba‘s “Tubthumping” when Barney slips down from it.
- The Kingpins are a reference to Kingpin.
- When the Pin Pals reunite, “The Boys Are Back in Town” by Thin Lizzy plays.
- The Bowlers Wears Prada is a reference to The Devil Wears Prada.
- Moe mentions seeing La La Land.
- The monkey climbing the Bowling in the lanes is a reference to King Kong.
- Barney mentions that Moe’s sister looked like Jennifer Lawrence and all images of her said Getty Images on them.
- Thoroughbred’s choice is a reference to The Thoroughbred Corp..
- Barney imitates Chewbacca from Star Wars.
- The Hateful 8-Year-Old is a reference to The Hateful Eight by Quentin Tarantino, also referenced on the sign.
- One of the Fund Bunch does the Whilhelm Scream.
- Lenny breaks the fourth wall saying “This episode has a lot of music”.
- The Pin Pals return.
- Amongst the Selma‘s exes are her exes: Fat Tony (“The Real Housewives of Fat Tony“), Sideshow Bob (“Black Widower“) and Disco Stu (“There’s Something About Marrying“).
- Señor Ding Dong appears. (“Maximum Homerdrive“)
- Among the Are they reals?, The Grumple (“Kill Gil, Volumes I & II“) and the Leprechaun (“This Little Wiggy“) appear.
- The Holy Rollers appear. (“Team Homer”)
- Moe mentions ESPN8. (“Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe“)
- Yes Guy appears. (“Mayored to the Mob“)
- Spider Pig appears. (The Simpsons Movie)
- For the first time since the new opening sequence, Marge is concerned of Maggie‘s disappearance from the cart, and sighing in relief upon finding her in the bag.
Previous Episode: The Old Blue Mayor She Ain’t What She Used to Be
Next Episode: Mr. Lisa’s Opus
That is all from this week’s Episode Fact File and I would like to thank WikiSimpsons for the information for this post and Nathan for the base design of it.
TSTOTopix: Episode Fact File: Season 28: What We Know So Far!
(Part 1: 2015) (Part 2: 2016 #1) (Part 3: 2016 #2) (Part 4: 2016 #3) (Part 5: 2016 #4-2017 #1) (Part 6: 2017 #2) (Part 7: 2017 #3) (Part 8: 2017 #4)
Till next time, Happy Tapping everyone!