The Simpsons’ Season 29 continues, as this Sunday, January 7th, 2018, Fox aired “Haw-Haw Land”, the 10th episode of Season 29 and the 628th episode to date. This Episode Fact File will recap the episodes with pictures, video clips and more. Get the scoop right after the jump!
Episode Details: ‘Haw-Haw Land’ is the 10th episode of Season 29 as well as the 628th episode of The Simpsons. The episode will air on FOX on January 7th, 2018. It was written by Tim Long and Miranda Thompson, and directed by Bob Anderson.
On a rainy day, the Simpson family goes to a STEM Conference, where Lisa meets Brendan Beiderbecke and fells in love with him and his playing piano, taking him home for practicing, while Bart does with chemistry, and tries it out on his treehouse with Milhouse.
Even the bullies are overthrown by Brendan, including Nelson, Lisa’s ex, that tries to impress her musically too at Phineas Q. Butterfat’s Ice Cream Parlor, starting a conflict in her heart. Homer and Marge get worried over Bart, but the kid seems to be doing good for once, but an accident at school seems to link to him.
The family is going to a talent show, where Bart will put on a chemistry demonstration, while Nelson and Brendan perform. Nelson is booed all the way through, while Brendan does good, but is disqualified for living in west Springfield and is going to be transfered in a school there. Lisa ends up alone, while Bart makes the school fill up with a chemistry reaction.
- The title of the episode is a wordplay on the movie La La Land.
- The opening song, “Another Springfield Day“, is a parody of “Another Day of Sun” from La La Land.
- Pope Francis appears in the Popemobile.
- Database is seen hosting a “The Science of Wonder Woman” booth at the STEM Conference.
- Insta-Grandma and its logo is a reference to Instagram and its old logo.
- A robot says Stranger Things suffers from Season 2 fatigue.
- Lisa paraphrases the famous line from Casablanca.
- Homer says the hotel bar is beautiful, just like the one in The Shining.
- Homer asks Bart if he’s making drugs by asking him if he’s Breaking Bad.
- Nelson says “don’t be a dingus, I’m the next Charlie Mingus“.
- Chief Wiggum calls Bart “Screwy Pasteur”, a reference to chemist Louis Pasteur.
- Marge says the episode was going to be a parody of Moonlight instead of La La Land. This is a reference to the mixup at the 89th Academy Awards where La La Land was originally announced as the winner of the Best Picture award even though Moonlight had actually won.
- Homer mentions that he wants to watch X-Men: Apocalypse.
- The robot from “Them, Robot” and “Pork and Burns” appears.
- LadyBot appears. (“Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4“)
- Lisa’s relationship with Nelson is seen again. (“Lisa’s Date with Density“)
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out‘s Sky Finger, later revealed in the “The End of the Beginning” video during the Winter 2015 event to be Maggie, appears crushing people and cars.
- Props from couch gags are present in the Simpson House garage.
- Bart once again floods a school with foam from a chemical reaction (“Bart the Genius“), only this time it’s deliberate.
- Gary is seen incorrectly colored at the STEM Conference.
- Ed Sheeran as Brendan Beiderbecke
Previous Episode: Gone Boy
Next Episode: Frink Gets Testy
That is all from this week’s Episode Fact File and I would like to thank WikiSimpsons for the information for this post and Nathan for the base design of it.
TSTOTopix: Episode Fact File: Season 28: What We Know So Far!
(Part 1: 2015) (Part 2: 2016 #1) (Part 3: 2016 #2) (Part 4: 2016 #3) (Part 5: 2016 #4-2017 #1) (Part 6: 2017 #2) (Part 7: 2017 #3) (Part 8: 2017 #4)
Till next time, Happy Tapping everyone!